Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

OVHcloud is asking for documents to verify my account

worcester

Novice
Hi all.

Recently, I attempted to order a server from OVHcloud. However, after about 48 hours, I was notified that my account needed to go through a verification process. I had to provide a host of documents, which I supplied.

Despite supplying all the requested documents, they now ask me to provide photographs of my visas/IDs. This is very unusual for me. I had never encountered such an extensive verification process before. I'm also beginning to wonder if this might become a never-ending cycle of providing more and more documents.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the security and privacy of sending these sensitive documents over email and am unsure where they might eventually end up.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Does anyone have advice on how to handle this?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Aside from the front side of my driving license, I would never provide photos of my visa/passport/etc. To any private company. No way.
    I was also thinking of not providing these documents. Until now, I've had smooth experiences with various infrastructure providers like AWS, Google, etc.

Hi all.

Recently, I attempted to order a server from OVHcloud. However, after about 48 hours, I was notified that my account needed to go through a verification process. I had to provide a host of documents, which I supplied.

Despite supplying all the requested documents, they now ask me to provide photographs of my visas/IDs. This is very unusual for me. I had never encountered such an extensive verification process before. I'm also beginning to wonder if this might become a never-ending cycle of providing more and more documents.

Furthermore, I am concerned about the security and privacy of sending these sensitive documents over email and am unsure where they might eventually end up.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Does anyone have advice on how to handle this?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Consider using an alternative verification method. If that does not work contact chat support. If this also does not work consider switching to another hosting provider.

• Advertisement
  • Seems they are asking too many documents. You can ask them to provide backup of your data and move to other provider.

Advertisement

Back