Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Ledger I want to transfer my bitcoins from my Ledger Nano S to my Trezor hardware wallet

corben

Novice
Hello everyone.

I'm currently very concerned about Ledger. Could someone please provide me with a step-by-step guide on safely transferring my bitcoins from my Ledger Nano S to my new Trezor hardware wallet without risking the loss of all my bitcoins?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

• Advertisement
  • I just did this over the last couple of days. It's pretty stressful, but I'm glad it all went smoothly. The fees suck a bit at the moment, but I think they will only get worse, so I bit the bullet.

Here's the step-by-step guide:
    • Purchased Trezor directly from Trezor.
    • Bought a Crypto Numeris seed plate.
    • Set up 24 word seed phrase. I did this via Trezor, but another person suggested rolling your own. Not a bad idea at all. Either way.
    • Once you've set up the wallet, send a small transaction to your Trezor.
    • Wipe your trezor via the factory reset option.
    • Restore your trezor using the 24-word seed phrase. Do it the hard way if given an option ( don't enter your seed phrase on a computer)
    Once you've confirmed your seed phrase works, then you can start transferring over your Bitcoin from the ledger.

I did Multiple transactions to be safe. I was ranging from 1% to 10% of my stack.

I punched my seed phrase into the Steel Plate and stashed it.

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • I usually do the following:
    1. Set up a wallet (create seeds).
    2. Wipe the wallet. (Forget the seeds).
    3. Create new seeds.
    4. Transfer a small amount to your wallet.
    5. Transfer a small amount OUT of the wallet
    6. Wipe the wallet.
    7. Restore your wallet to see if your stuff is showing up.
    8. Transfer the rest over.
    Also, look at Trezor's instructions to see if the package/HW wasn't tempered. Watch unboxing videos on YouTube, etc.

Advertisement

Back