Welcome to Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

Register now and be part of our community! When you register with the Net Hosting Talk you can join in with topics, start new topics, and generally be a part of the first level of our community. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Cpanel Or Plesk

tranzmedia

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had been using Cpanel for a long time.... and with the recent changes in pricing, I decided to give Plesk a try. I must admit that I am impressed, as it seems to be easier to use and navigate for users.
Is there anybody else who has an opinion? Are you going to stick with Cpanel and change your budget? Is there someone else who has made the switch?
I'm just curious as to where everyone stands or whether there are any differences.

r9host

Reaction score
I agree that plesk is a perfect control panel for hosting. For some reasons we will stick with cpanel but we may switch to plesk in the future.

martin_r

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had been using Cpanel for a long time.... and with the recent changes in pricing, I decided to give Plesk a try. I must admit that I am impressed, as it seems to be easier to use and navigate for users.
Is there anybody else who has an opinion? Are you going to stick with Cpanel and change your budget? Is there someone else who has made the switch?
I'm just curious as to where everyone stands or whether there are any differences.
cPanel and Plesk are a property of the same company, you should give directadmin a try if you want to save money.

Waqass

Reaction score
I double that...go with directadmin or even apiscp...its difficult to setup but once setup it is easier to setup websites specially WP based.

hostguy

Reaction score
If you want to buy control panel which is in our budget then you must try Directadmin, but otherwise you can stick with cpanel. I personally like cpanel for its too many features.

Reaction score
From our research we concluded that DirectAdmin is a much better alternative to cP/WHM than Plesk...
However, it may depend on everyone's preference. Most of our customers are fine with DA.

EvaSmith

Reaction score
Hello,

Both control panels are good, but cPanel is more user friendly as well as most of the webmaster are loved to work with the cPanel control panel. Through cPanel you can handle Linux based websites. Plesk is compatible with both operating systems.
So, you decide which one is good for you.

hivalidity

Reaction score
cPanel and Plesk both are user friendly and easy to use control panel.
But both of them fall under same parent group.

So, Plesk can increase their price at anytime. Better consider DirectAdmin.

geethaa

Reaction score
Both the control panels are the most familiar and commonly used ones across the countries. Though both the control panels have almost a similar user interface, the difference lies in the way the panels allow you to access the features.

cPanel

• For Linux hosting users.
  • Easy to navigate dashboard.
  • Though you are a first-time user, the clearly labeled sections can help you in easier access.
  • Common platform preferred by most of the end-user.
  • The feature "Let’s Encrypt (AutoSSL)" facilitates users to set up SSL certificates for free.
  • Allows you to set up automatic backups and restorations.

Plesk
  • For Windows hosting users.
  • Also opt for Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CloudLinux, and Virtuozzo Linux.
  • Easy to interact, but not than cPanel.
  • Bit different model systematically arranged the features for the sites hosted individually.
  • Facilitates SSL integration with a single click.
  • WordPress users can enjoy the advantage of automatic updates.

Advertisement