Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Help How can i "Mask" Nameservers & IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3ST

Novice
I am interested in finding out if there is a way to hide my nameservers and IP networks.

Is there any service that I can use to mask that information for my domain? Someone at another forum suggests using EveryDNS or OpenDNS but I couldn't figure it out. I am currently using shared hosting with SiteGround and my whois info with DomainTools is showing the following but I want it hidden
Code:
Name Server: NS1.SITEGROUND132.COM (has 591 domains)
Name Server: NS2.SITEGROUND132.COM (has 591 domains)
IP Location - Maryland - Frederick - Singlehop Inc

Any suggestions or is this not possible?

• Advertisement
  • Can you explain how to do that, because if you use nameservers through cloudflare (yellow cloud icon active) it will stop working.

What error code display on your website when it stop working? Did you check A record is set to the right server in Cloudflare DNS?

When i enable cloudflare "Yellow Cloud Icon" for both NS1 and NS2 all the websites using my nameservers stopped working in a forum i read a guy said "with a little dns trickery you can create an alias for those nameservers" but i am not getting how to do that so i posted here but seems like no one is willing to help and i am sure many who provide hosting looking for this solution.

it seems you have a reseller hosting pack & you want to hide reseller company nameservers. when you enable Cloudflare for nameservers entries then the IP address for nameservers will change & your current hosted websites on those nameservers will stop. you need to create child nameservers in your domain admin panel for your branding nameservers. may I know which domain registrar you are using for your domains?

You are right, i am using reseller hosting pack and want to hide reseller company's nameservers, i am using porkbun as domain registrar and hosting panel is cPanel.

As previously mentioned, make use of Cloudflare - which will mask your nameservers and thus final IP.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on!

BTW child nameservers are "private nameservers" which i am already using, and the domains using my private nameservers showing company's information if i look WHOIS, is there any way to send you private message?

BTW child nameservers are "private nameservers" which i am already using, and the domains using my private nameservers showing company's information if i look WHOIS, is there any way to send you private message?
    you cannot hide the company's information. you can find a Whitelabel reseller hosting provider. in Whitelabel hosting reseller, the company didn't use their website domain for nameservers. they use a Whitelabel domain which is not hosted anywhere else or didn't contain company-related information & the whois record also hidden for that domain.

• Advertisement
  • I am interested in finding out if there is a way to hide my nameservers and IP networks.

Is there any service that I can use to mask that information for my domain? Someone at another forum suggests using EveryDNS or OpenDNS but I couldn't figure it out. I am currently using shared hosting with SiteGround and my whois info with DomainTools is showing the following but I want it hidden
    Code:
    Name Server: NS1.SITEGROUND132.COM (has 591 domains)
    Name Server: NS2.SITEGROUND132.COM (has 591 domains)
    IP Location - Maryland - Frederick - Singlehop Inc

Any suggestions or is this not possible?
    One of the simplest ways to mask your nameservers is by enabling domain privacy protection.
    Utilizing proxy servers is another effective method to mask your nameservers and IP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back