Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Outgoing email goes straight to spam folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnieNiz

Novice
Hi,

My outgoing email goes straight to the spam folder. I also contacted my hosting provider & they set up a ptr record but emails are still going to the spam folder.

Is there anything still we must do from our side?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Did you set up proper SPF, DKIM records? Go to your cPanel account and under the Email Deliverability option check if those are setup correctly.

You will need to make sure all records are correct and setup. If you are still seeing issues check if your IP is on any spam lists.
    Otherwise sometimes it just takes time to build up a reputation to not get classed as spam. :(

Hi,

My outgoing email goes straight to the spam folder. I also contacted my hosting provider & they set up a ptr record but emails are still going to the spam folder.

Is there anything still we must do from our side?

Thanks in advance
    Hi this is an old post. Did you get this resolved? You need to make sure you have a proper DKIM and SPF record set either through you DNS provider or your hosting control panel. If you post your domain name, someone could check this for you or you case use these links: https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/dkim/dkim-check/ and https://www.dmarcanalyzer.com/spf/checker/

Hi, I know this is an old post. You can check your IP to ensure it is not in listed in any blacklist on mxtoolbox.com. Also, make sure DMARC record is also exists in your domains'sDNS zone. DMARC policy is now very important for mail servers.

I would check if the IP associated with the email is blacklisted or not. Then i will check the software itself for any errors on configuration.

• Advertisement
  • most of the times this issue occur due to incorrect of mission SPF, DKIM and DMARC record.
    But sometime this issue occur due to domain reputation. So you can check your domain reputation through this ipqualityscore website.

Mails landing in spam folders issue have several reasons like depends on domain reputation, quantity & quality of messages send in the past and how receiver treats the message.

Kindly try to move your mail from SPAM box to INBOX 3-4 times then it will automatically get in INBOX always.

Also, do not send TEST like messages as it will decrease your domain reputation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back