Welcome to Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

Register now and be part of our community! When you register with the Net Hosting Talk you can join in with topics, start new topics, and generally be a part of the first level of our community. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

web hosting suggestions?

Stocktons

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been searching various hosts, nothing I've tried seems to work for me in terms of free for a webpage. I'm going to pay but want to get the following:

1) Text pages, sort of a medical information site, includes probably about 15 pages of links for solid medical info (like anemias, vitamins, stomach, nerd research articles, etc.) alone. Otherwise probably 25 in total.
2) Some screenshot images of some pdf's. A number of these would be like 100K or less or so.
3) Would need something to help me create the site. I'm an Oracle person not a web person but I can wing some small HTML type stuff.
4) Don't need tons of space, tons of graphics, or MySQL, etc. Ability to contact me from the site would be a good, maybe a form type email but otherwise that's it. No forums or lots of people, this is specialized. Don't need a domain name either.
5) Do want month to month payments if possible or low cost yearly plan types.

Suggestions?

javier

Reaction score
You don't need a ton of space. Just check the size of the website folder on your local pc, this is the size you need to host your website.

For example, if your website size is 500MB then 2GB Webhosting space is sufficient for you. Remember one thing, you can upgrade your plan anytime.

MarkelSari

Reaction score
Hello. From the looks of it, for your requirement shared hosting will be good. It is cheaper than dedicated and VPS and even for most cases cloud hosting too. In this case your server will be shared by other websites too but as you have mentioned that you have limited storage requirements, you will be good to go. However if you plan to expand, then opt for cloud hosting. you can start small but it is easiest to scale up on the the cloud. Good luck.

Advertisement