Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Looking for Hosting web hosting suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocktons

Novice
Hi,
I've been searching various hosts, nothing I've tried seems to work for me in terms of free for a webpage. I'm going to pay but want to get the following:

1) Text pages, sort of a medical information site, includes probably about 15 pages of links for solid medical info (like anemias, vitamins, stomach, nerd research articles, etc.) alone. Otherwise probably 25 in total.
2) Some screenshot images of some pdf's. A number of these would be like 100K or less or so.
3) Would need something to help me create the site. I'm an Oracle person not a web person but I can wing some small HTML type stuff.
4) Don't need tons of space, tons of graphics, or MySQL, etc. Ability to contact me from the site would be a good, maybe a form type email but otherwise that's it. No forums or lots of people, this is specialized. Don't need a domain name either.
5) Do want month to month payments if possible or low cost yearly plan types.

Suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • You don't need a ton of space. Just check the size of the website folder on your local pc, this is the size you need to host your website.

For example, if your website size is 500MB then 2GB Webhosting space is sufficient for you. Remember one thing, you can upgrade your plan anytime.

Hello. From the looks of it, for your requirement shared hosting will be good. It is cheaper than dedicated and VPS and even for most cases cloud hosting too. In this case your server will be shared by other websites too but as you have mentioned that you have limited storage requirements, you will be good to go. However if you plan to expand, then opt for cloud hosting. you can start small but it is easiest to scale up on the the cloud. Good luck.

Hey Stocktons,

yeah, just go for a basic shared hosting plan. Ask them for basic uptime (99.9% is the base now for everyone. an industry standard). Check with support and how they function just in case you need some help. Also, if you get an account manager to help you then great. Look at shared hosting facilitators within your budget.

Choose a host who understands your specific needs, and who can sit down with you and talk about what your needs are, and how that host can accommodate those needs.

You don't require much room. Just measure the size of your website folder on your local computer and use it to host it. You must ensure that your server is up and running when using web hosting services. A host must also provide security and store all of your files, assets, and databases on the server.

A good website needs to have an upright web hosting primary, select a decent web hosting is one of the most fundamental decisions you will make for your website. Now, web hosting providers is too more, and some are well known and trustworthy, also some are poor. With a good you will not face numerous difficulties, but if with a poor you will have much pain.

So how to pick a good web hosting?

Here you can find a few suggestions below what exactly to look for when taking a good web hosting service:

1. Uptime guarantee: Look for a host with an uptime guarantee of a 99.9%. In fact, no hosting company can guarantee 100% uptime, but it should not lower than 99.5%.

2. Bandwidth and Space: Don't trust any web host that promotes "infinite space" and "unrestricted bandwidth”. Typically you will find that they redefine "limitless" to be limited in some way, so suggest you to contact them and ask how "limited”.

3. Technical support: Does the web hosting service provide 24x7 supports? Do they respond rapidly to your issue? A good hosting compay should know how to solve any problems you have, and always in 24 hours.

4. Control Panel: Whether it is easy and fast manages your host. Some hosting company’s support Demo, suggest you try it before buy.

5. Amount of domain add: If you want to build more websites in one host, you should look to see how many can allow to add, and whether need charge for this.

10. Reviews: You should make it a point to check out what others have to say about the web host. Like using Google search for honest reviews, and some web hosting talk forum is another good place to check.

In general, i believe you can choose a good web hosting if you do as above.

VPS hosting is the best for the large and small sizes of businesses. Virtual Private Servers have enterprise-class resilience with multi-layered security. They are an excellent choice for the experienced admin or hobbyist looking for a powerful VPS without the need to spend hundreds of dollars.

A shared hosting plan will perfectly suit your specific requirements. And as you grow with your website, you can easily scale and upgrade to a higher plan depending on your requirements. Just look for the features that any reliable hosting provider should offer with their shared hosting packages.
    When looking for a shared hosting provider, there are many features to look for. The most important features are reliability, security, and customer service. Reliability is key, as your website will be down if the hosting provider is not reliable. Security is also important, as you don't want your website hacked. Customer service is important to make sure you can get help when you need it. Other features to look for include bandwidth and disk space. Make sure the provider has enough bandwidth and disk space for your website. Also, ask about the number of domains they allow and whether or not they offer unlimited storage space.

• Advertisement
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back