Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

What is best for my SEO strategy?

Jameslap

Novice
Hi,

I am going to start writing blog posts as part of my SEO strategy. I was thinking to create a subdomain on my current website and install WordPress but I am wondering is there a benefit of using another platform such as Medium for blogging. I am just wondering if posting on Medium ranks me higher on Google as it has a higher domain authority? Also, if I use Medium for blogging and add links to my website then those would be seen as positive backlinks by Google.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • The domain authority of Medium is way higher than the blog you own, that’s why your Medium stories ranked in the search engine while the same stories will not rank if you publish It on your blog.
    You can publish the whole post without annoying Google search by adding a rel=non-canonical tag to your Medium stories.

If I were in your situation, I might use both option for your blog post strategy.

If you are promoting product or services it might help you to be found on your blog or other channel as well.

I would personally start with on-page optimization. Then move onto link building.

You need to optimize your website before you start with link building. There are many tactics out, like:

• reaching out to blogs relevant to your niche, asking if you can guest post
    • building your own PBN sites
    • blog commenting on relevant sites
    • PDF & doc submissions
    But first thing is on-page optimization.

• building your own PBN sites
    Does this strategy still works. Irrespective of using different c class ips I dont think its an effective way as the blog themselves should have some reputation aka PR. Search engines have gotten a lot smarter over the years.

Does this strategy still works. Irrespective of using different c class ips I dont think its an effective way as the blog themselves should have some reputation aka PR. Search engines have gotten a lot smarter over the years.
    They work if you do it right and smart. I can guarantee that.
    Example, one of our sites...

Attachments

• apzFzWU.png
      apzFzWU.png
      21.1 KB · Views: 3
    Having too many backlinks from same domain isn't recommended. You should get few links from medium but not only from medium. Your backlink should be a combination of different types of links from different types of websites.

• Advertisement
  • Google does consider backlinks an important indicator for ranking a website highly. But backlinks from just one source won't help with that process much. That's why it's recommended to diversify your backlinks as much as possible.

Advertisement

Back