Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Wordpress website running slow on godaddy hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisChego

Novice
Hello,

I have been using Godaddy for years and have been pretty happy with them. By now, I run a few wordpress sites on my hosting plan. Everything was ok until a few months ago when I started having problems.

My sites load awfully slow, and sometimes I can't even access them through the ftp. I have called customer service about this many times already, and it seems that some of it might have to do with some of the updates to the servers they have been doing. None of the suggestions have actually helped, and the wp super cache only works after the initial loading.

One of my customer's sites is doing the same thing, so I wonder if Godaddy is just getting too big and running too many websites on one server...? I decide to move my sites to another provider. Please suggest me a fast hosting provider.

• Advertisement
  • If you can provide some specs on what you are looking for people can offer some ideas. Keep in mind godaddy is a domain registrar and should be left to just that.

I think you should change your host that might give you good speed and won't create a problem for you

Can you run a Tracert test or even WinMTR test. It could be that just maybe some of the transit carriers are up to capacity. You may need to change some if not all the routes.

Hello,

I have been using Godaddy for years and have been pretty happy with them. By now, I run a few wordpress sites on my hosting plan. Everything was ok until a few months ago when I started having problems.

My sites load awfully slow, and sometimes I can't even access them through the ftp. I have called customer service about this many times already, and it seems that some of it might have to do with some of the updates to the servers they have been doing. None of the suggestions have actually helped, and the wp super cache only works after the initial loading.

One of my customer's sites is doing the same thing, so I wonder if Godaddy is just getting too big and running too many websites on one server...? I decide to move my sites to another provider. Please suggest me a fast hosting provider.
    It all depends on your site but not only on the problem from Godaddy.

I've switched hosting providers a dozen times, there's nothing wrong with that, so long as you find a host that you like thats whats important, not what anyone else thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Godaddy is good at Domain reselling but for hosting you should switch to another hosting provider with WordPress hosting plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back