Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

WordPress running very slow for me What could be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capitalist

Novice
Friends, my WordPress site goes very slow, the first thing that came to mind was the hosting.

I have changed and the problem persists and now I have my website on a vps and continues to slow. Will my site is infected with a virus Is it possible? Any ideas that might be slow?

It can not be the website because I have fully optimized, reducing weight images, minified js and css also sprites use, reducing requests, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Reaching the memory limit is usually one of the most common explanations for this, if that is the case, increasing that limit does not cost anything. To do this, access the file wp-config. php using your FTP client (or cPanel, or whatever you have to see the files of your WordPress installation) and add the following instruction inside the tag <?php to increase the limit to 64 Mb:
    Code:
    define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

Obviously, you can set this limit to the value you want (for example, 128 Mb or 256 Mb ...), WordPress should work correctly with those amounts of memory and, if it does not, it is possible that the problem is another.

capitalist said:
    Friends, my WordPress site goes very slow, the first thing that came to mind was the hosting.

I have changed and the problem persists and now I have my website on a vps and continues to slow. Will my site is infected with a virus Is it possible? Any ideas that might be slow?

It can not be the website because I have fully optimized, reducing weight images, minified js and css also sprites use, reducing requests, etc.

You need to update Wordpress plugins and delete the unused plugins. Also if you have some picture try to optimize it

hi,

you can try :

set Up Cloudflare for your wordpress and it will speed up your DNS resolution (often the cause of slow websites) and also adds caching and optimisation, which in some cases can cut load times in half.

Compress the images on your site using lossless compression (which creates smaller files sizes with no reduction in image quality). WP Smush is excellent and has a free option.

capitalist said:

I have changed and the problem persists and now I have my website on a vps and continues to slow. Will my site is infected with a virus Is it possible? Any ideas that might be slow?

Most WordPress website works slowly as they were not optimized properly. There may be some heavy plugins or images in your application or there may be some external links that are taking time resulting in slow loading of your website. you can use Cloudflare CDN nameservers for fast caching and also use browser caching code in your .htaccess file.
    Browser caching code:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can also use the Wpcache plugin to speed up the website.

• Advertisement
  • hi,

Cloudflare is good solution for your wordpress... but your server also has a big impact-....

Install a WordPress Caching Plugin and Optimize Images for Speed.... buy fast vps server and you will not have a problem

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back