Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

GUIs in Python or in C ++ frameworks?

morris

Novice
Hello,

I want to write an application in C or C ++ (the backend), but I do not know which framework is better in each of these languages. Then what framework to choose, whether a framework in C ++, or Python for GUIs. 

Thank you.

There are frameworks for everything: MVC, ORM, testing, etc. You have to be more specific and explain what the idea of ​​development is.

For GUIs in C ++ and Python, Qt is best, but if you plan to develop something to sell, you will have to pay for the license.

No one answered you before because it seems like you do not even know what you're asking. Land the idea a little, and maybe someone else can help you.

• Advertisement
  • morris said:
    Hello,

I want to write an application in C or C ++ (the backend), but I do not know which framework is better in each of these languages. Then what framework to choose, whether a framework in C ++, or Python for GUIs. 

Thank you.

Any.

Do it in C # with Windows Forms and you can have something working the first day. With C ++ long it would take very long time and you need to be an expert to do so, especially if you work in MFC or ATL.

Then, if you want a bigger challenge, you can go for Delphi (Embarcadero = yes, has a weird name).

Python do not waste time with, not the tool you want.

edwin said:
    There are frameworks for everything: MVC, ORM, testing, etc. You have to be more specific and explain what the idea of development is.

For GUIs in C ++ and Python, Qt is best, but if you plan to develop something to sell, you will have to pay for the license.

No one answered you before because it seems like you do not even know what you're asking. Land the idea a little, and maybe someone else can help you.

Thanks for answering. My question was to know what I do not know. I know that in both languages I should be able to create GUIs, but I do not know which language is better for GUIs.

Anyway I'm going to experiment with Qt. It's for a portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • capitalist said:
    morris said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

Any.

Do it in C # with Windows Forms and you can have something working the first day. With C ++ long it would take very long time and you need to be an expert to do so, especially if you work in MFC or ATL.

Then, if you want a bigger challenge, you can go for Delphi (Embarcadero = yes, has a weird name).

Thanks for answering.

capitalist said:
    morris said:
    Hello,

Thank you.

Any.

It was helpful to answer for me also..Thanks for such an excellent post..Keep up!

Advertisement

Back