Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

How to Configure cPanel in a Dedicated server

cortez

Novice
Hello friends, 

I have a problem, it turns out that I hire a dedicated server with cPanel and now I do not know how to configure it to start it up, someone can give me a tutorial or know where to find it to do the configuration. 

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • If you buy the CPANEL license, it comes with the instructions, the script to install it, and even the video tutorials to use it.

If you purchased the dedicated server with cpanel installed, tell those of the company where you bought it to help you configure it. Since they are giving you the dedicated with cpanel, they are responsible for providing you with all the help.

Here is the Introduction to cPanel setup and how to install cPanel correctly.

Hi :shy:

As Larry said, when purchasing a cPanel license you would receive all the instructions you need to follow to set it up. Here's how you can set it up on a Linux server, in case you don't have the instructions.
    • First you have to log in to WHM by typing in the required username and password. Agree to the license and move on to 'Setup Networking'
    • There, Fill in the following fields: Server contact email address, server's hostname, resolvers (primary and secondary), main Ethernet device (which would by default be eth0)
    • Click ‘Save and Go to Step 3’
    • Add your IP in the 'IP Address(es) to add' field. If you have multiple IPs add them all separated by commas.
    • Go to Step 4 and you'll find Nameservers setup.
    • Select the Name Server application that you want to use.
    • Step 5 allows you to specify FTP configurations (selecting ProFTPD or PureFTPD), the mail server that you want installed (Dovecot or Courier) and cPHulk Brute Force Protection. After these specifications are made go to step 6.
    • In the Quotas page, choose ‘Use file system quotas‘ to track disk space usage.
    • The final step is to click ‘Finish Setup Wizard’

Now your cPanel server is good to go.

Hope this helped.

• Advertisement
  • To begin the cPanel installation, run these commands:

cd /home (this will open up the home directory)
    wget – N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest (this will download the latest installation files from the cPanel’s servers)
    sh latest (this will open and run the installation files)
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt (this will activate the cPanel license)

Advertisement

Back