Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

What do you know about virtual desktop hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helsa

Novice
Is virtual desktop hosting, the same as cloud hosting? What uses would you have for this type of cloud hosting service? And, who would gain the most benefit from it?

• Advertisement
  • I was reading how 'virtual desktop hosting' is used to share information online in real time. So for instance, if you are part of the IT department for a big named computer company and helping to troubleshoot your client's computer, you could use a virtual desktop service to let them see what you are doing or to work on their computer.

This type of cloud based service is a good option for someone who has a seminar or university type website to conduct live teaching sessions? I would want to use this in conjunction to my regular website/forum so as to connect with those in the class.

• Advertisement
  • In Virtual desktop hosting, a Desktop is hosted on the cloud. It can be accessed even through a web browser or an application. And it has real-time multi-session capability. It is highly useful for a workforce that is non-conventional and mobile. It'll help such an enterprise to help it's workforce to collaborate to generate, store and maintain/edit the data on the go. That is how Virtual Desktop Hosting works

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back