Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

What kind of VPS is good for a backup storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewsed

Novice
Hello,

I want to use a VPS for regular backup, but I am confused between SSD or HDD VPS, which one is better for backup. Is HDD VPS is safe for backups as they used mechanical drives? My maximum storage requirement is 200gb. Is there any specific service for website backups?

• Advertisement
  • If its just for storage purpose then go with HDD , provided there are no frequent Read / Write operations like accessing the data etc... if its going to be used for such purpose then go with SSD

Andrewsed said:
    Hello,

I want to use a VPS for regular backup, but I am confused between SSD or HDD VPS, which one is better for backup. Is HDD VPS is safe for backups as they used mechanical drives? My maximum storage requirement is 200gb. Is there any specific service for website backups?

HDD is safe for backup if it's a RAID installation. If 1 HDD break, the data is still safe on another HDD.

HDD servers are fine for backups as they have low cost to storage ratio as compared to ssds. You can do backups with vps based on hdds. You shouldn't be worry as they are backups and normally it takes time for mechanical hard drives before they eventually die.

• Advertisement
  • you
    Hello,

can go with HDD its safe and good for backup.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back