Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

unable to increase PHPMyadmin upload Limit

pulaski

Novice
Hello,

I'm using MultiPHP INI editor to increase the PHPMyAdmin import size per site via post max size/upload size and it didn't work. I had to do it via the global tweak settings & for the whole server. I didn't have to do it this way before. I am running 80.0.14.

Did something change in this version or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • PHPMyAdmin has always used cPanel's internal PHP and not the PHP used for the sites, and as such you've never been able to modify the post max size or upload size through WHM or cPanel's MultiPHP Manager.

If you are a cpanel user then you can increase the default upload_max_filesize and post_max_size from Multiphp manager or you can manage this from WHM panel. Mostly hosting provider's set a limit for upload_max_filesize and post_max_size. So you can increase your limit from but can't extend it from administrator limit.

The tweak setting is the correct way to do this. The maximum import size for PHPMyAdmin is controlled by the "cPanel PHP max upload size" (upload_max_filesize) variable, but cannot exceed the "cPanel PHP max POST size" (post_max_size) variable.

• Advertisement
  • Pratik24 is right. You need to change the PHP values from Tweak settings, in order to be applied to phpmyadmin. This assuming you have acess to WHM zone.
    If you have a hosting package from somewhere, contact the hosting provider to do it for you. :)

Advertisement

Back