Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Can you tell me more about dedicated servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beverly

Novice
Can you please explain to me the difference between dedicated servers (hosting) and managed hosting or even shared hosting? I would appreciate an over view of the subject as well as a comparison of prices in the market and best companies to work with for dedicated servers or who might best use them.

• Advertisement
  • From what I know about dedicated servers (hosting), this type of hosting provides exclusive access to a server, rather than sharing a server with man others (as in shared/cloud hosting). However, shared hosting differs from managed hosting in that there is less technical support. You are more likely to want a dedicated server if you are an experienced webmaster and already understand how to manage a server. Otherwise, opt for managed hosting.

The question is really not on "where to find affordable web site hosting plan?" but "how to find an affordable web site hosting plan?"

Hi
    Dedicated servers are servers hosted on physical data centres and are "dedicated" for you and only you. This is completely different from shared servers. In shared hosting you share the resources with many other users. Shared hosting is definitely cheaper but dedicated hosting is much safer, more powerful and efficient and redundant. However if you absolutely don't need one it's not necessary to go for a dedicated server. If you own an e-commerce website it's good to opt for a dedicated server but if it's something very mellow it's okay to go for another type of hosting.

• Advertisement
  • Hi,
    Dedicated servers provide more reliability and stability than the shared hosting. It makes sure that you are not sharing your space with any other malicious software or a potential spammer. Dedicated server leads to enhanced security, this is the reason it is essential for companies taking transactions over FTP or SSL.
    Hope this can help you.

Regards

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Back