How does cloud hosting differ from traditional web hosting?

Discuss the latest Cloud topics and keep track of recent developments in our Cloud Hosting forums. Whether you’re a pro soaring in the cloud or a novice stuck in the mud you can find all you need to know right here.
Xandria

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Why should I choose cloud hosting over traditional web hosting? It seems like the cost of cloud computing is always more. And, do I really get more for my money? What are some unique advantages that cloud hosting offers to me?

Alex

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Rather than having all data stored on a single stand alone server, cloud hosting employs a method by which data is stored on multiple servers, called a cluster. The cluster server gives more reliability and reduces the chance of down time from a single server failure. For this reason, cloud hosting is the ideal solution for anyone who wants to stay online with their website more.
Helsa

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

So much cheaper to host a site on the cloud than any other method. You also won't have the fuss of owning a server of your own or trying to maintain it. There is less downtime as the staff of the cloud hosting company will manage your hosting issues for you and that means trouble shooting or fixing it if your site goes down due to a server issue. You don't always get that with shared hosting.
baldwinjackson

Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Well there are several edges in cloud hosting like traditional shared hosting is like a computer with multiple users access it at same time obviously the performance and security is always at risk. Whereas cloud hosting is like your personal computer or specify space allocate to you. In fact there are several cloud providers who ease end users by providing several features on single click like: SSL, Cloning, Scaling, Backup & Restore, Domain Mapping with multiple data center across the world.
digdeeper1

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:25 am

Xandria wrote: Why should I choose cloud hosting over traditional web hosting?  It seems like the cost of cloud computing is always more.  And, do I really get more for my money?  What are some unique advantages that cloud hosting offers to me?
Cloud Hosting:- As Everyone one knows cloud is based on three types of services. Infrastructure as a services, platform as a services and software as a services. These services are working together. In cloud hosting all available resources are integrated providing high shared resource availability and extremely flexible compare to any other hosting solutions. Available resources include bandwidth CPU usage and memory utilization.

Traditional hosting:- In traditional or regular hosting server your site and all of the necessary files are stored in single physical server. Most of the dedicated/shared server comes with equip certain hardware specification. This type of hosting is generally more expensive. A dedicated server comes with very high performance. As they can be configured to your desirable need.
  • Information