How much money does it cost to buy a server?

Whether you're just setting up a business or fine tuning the final product, these discussions will give you all the answers on how to run your Web Hosting Company smoothly.
Larry

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:46 am

How much money would it cost if I wanted to buy my own private server and offer it for hosting to other companies? Is it more expensive like this and what about maintenance costs?

Alex

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Your cost to buy a server could range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand, just depending on what you want the server for.

For instance, if you just want to host your own site or store files, you can choose one on the cheaper end.

However, if your idea is to manage multiple online websites, even for paid hosting clients, then you will invest much more.
john-mth

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:11 pm

The dedicated server cost is depends on its configuration, if your server configuration is high, you need to pay more...
ExecoreHostingLLC

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:37 pm

It depends on the configuration like the above poster said. But it can cost anything for $75 to a few thousand depending on what you want to do with it. You'll also be paying a monthly fee if you host it in a datacenter, this price ranges on your requirments but the range is much smaller $50/month to $300/month. On average I think most colo fees are around $75-$100/month.
RDPproviders

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 am

Larry wrote: How much money would it cost if I wanted to buy my own private server and offer it for hosting to other companies?  Is it more expensive like this and what about maintenance costs?
Its depends upon the configuration you need to bought
bigbox

Wed May 02, 2018 4:27 pm

It completely depends on the configuration you want, in this faster growing internet world now dedicated servers are available from $20 to thousands on dollars depending on the configuration. And regarding the maintenance cost if you are good with system monitoring and administration then there will be no additional maintenance cost for you. If you are unaware of the server stuff then there are also options to hire system administration with additional cost or buy a managed dedicated server costing which will add some more amount to your server needs.
HudsonValleyHost

Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 am

Cost of a server depends on your configuration, such as CPU, RAM, storage, and bandwidth. The more you need, the more it costs.
VPSnet

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 pm

In most cases, server hardware and software costs represent only a small part of the total cost of ownership. In fact, the hardware and software costs typically account for only 15 to 25 percent of the overall costs associated with installing, maintaining, upgrading and supporting server.
AlphaNine_vini

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 am

You can get a good server for USD $69/monthly with Xeon processors that are sufficient.
  • Information