WordPress running very slow for me What could be the reason?

Our discussions on Web Hosting that will tell you everything you need to know. Find advice, questions and answers on the who's, what's, when's and where's of the Web Hosting world.
capitalist

Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 am

Friends, my WordPress site goes very slow, the first thing that came to mind was the hosting.

I have changed and the problem persists and now I have my website on a vps and continues to slow. Will my site is infected with a virus Is it possible? Any ideas that might be slow?

It can not be the website because I have fully optimized, reducing weight images, minified js and css also sprites use, reducing requests, etc.

geniushost

Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Reaching the memory limit is usually one of the most common explanations for this, if that is the case, increasing that limit does not cost anything. To do this, access the file wp-config. php using your FTP client (or cPanel, or whatever you have to see the files of your WordPress installation) and add the following instruction inside the tag <?php to increase the limit to 64 Mb:

Code: Select all

define ('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');
Obviously, you can set this limit to the value you want (for example, 128 Mb or 256 Mb ...), WordPress should work correctly with those amounts of memory and, if it does not, it is possible that the problem is another.
HyperHost

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 am

capitalist wrote: Friends, my WordPress site goes very slow, the first thing that came to mind was the hosting.

I have changed and the problem persists and now I have my website on a vps and continues to slow. Will my site is infected with a virus Is it possible? Any ideas that might be slow?

It can not be the website because I have fully optimized, reducing weight images, minified js and css also sprites use, reducing requests, etc.
You need to update Wordpress plugins and delete the unused plugins. Also if you have some picture try to optimize it
neckozenica

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 pm

hi,

you can try :

set Up Cloudflare for your wordpress and it will speed up your DNS resolution (often the cause of slow websites) and also adds caching and optimisation, which in some cases can cut load times in half.

Compress the images on your site using lossless compression (which creates smaller files sizes with no reduction in image quality). WP Smush is excellent and has a free option.
greybeard_mike

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 am

You mention that this is hosted on a VPS. What are the specs of your VPS? Are you running on a slow over provisioned node?
HuntWQ

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:02 am

VPS can be helpful for you IMHO.
bhawani

Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:12 pm

capitalist wrote: Friends, my WordPress site goes very slow, the first thing that came to mind was the hosting.

Mostly WordPress website works slow as they were not optimised properly. There may be some heavy plugins or images in your application or there may be some external links which are taking time results in slow loading of your website. you can use Cloudflare CDN nameservers for fast caching and also use browser caching code in your .htaccess file.
Browser caching code:
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
</IfModule>
You can also use Wpcache plugin to speed up website.
neckozenica

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:27 am

hi,

Cloudflare is good solution for your wordpress... but your server also has a big impact-....

Install a WordPress Caching Plugin and Optimize Images for Speed.... buy fast vps server and you will not have a problem
  • Information