query about blank attribute in html

Whether you're a budding designer looking for some tips or a HTML guru looking to advise, the Website Design & Graphics forums are the perfect place for you. Want your site reviewed? Post it here for our members and moderators to critique.
littleton

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:39 am

Hello friends, 

I would like to make a small query. 

In a blog I have the different social networks with <a href="XXXXXXXXXXXX" rel="nofollow"> I recently changed it, then add the attribute target = "_ blank", so it looks like this: 

<a href = "XXXXXXXXXXXX" rel = "nofollow" target = "_ blank"> etc ... 

Surfing the net, I read that this attribute has a vulnerability but do not understand much of the subject, is anyone knows anything about this and can guide me ? 

Thank you very much, 
Littleton

Helsa

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 am

Hello @"littleton"

This is a tabnabbing vulnerability that can be exploited by unscrupulous people.

Although it is an HTML attribute you will notice that any validation process under W3C does not support it. Although some websites use it also presents a great barrier of web accessibility
Last edited by Helsa on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
littleton

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:58 am

Hi @"helsa"

Thanks for the clarification.

Do you know of an HTML attribute that you can add to avoid / solve this problem?
Helsa

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 am

It seems that there are solutions, it's just a matter of searching Google. Given what I said before, I do not see why they should be recommended.
  • Information