Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
If coding is more your thing then the Website Development & Scripting forums are for you. Share server-side scripting and database integration tips, tricks and problems here.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm
Despite its popularity, this Automatic cache plugin sometimes does not do a clean install after uninstalling it and deleting it from your plugins screen. Although it is the one that is best uninstalled when deactivating and deleting the plugin, it does not always get it , then I always recommend that you check that it has done well.
The list of modifications of the plugin that you must check to completely uninstall it , if they existed after uninstalling it and deleting it is the following:
You may not find anything or that you find everything, I tell you that is the one that best behaves when uninstalling it, but it always checks.
No matter if you had it active in basic or advanced mode, check the list always after deactivating and deleting it.
At best you will only find the lines #BEGIN WPSuperCache and #END WPSuperCache in the .htaccess file, with nothing between them, but delete them equally.
- Delete file / wp-content / advanced-cache.php
- Delete file / wp-content / wp-cache-config.php
- Delete in your server's .htaccess file everything from #BEGIN WPSuperCache to #END WPSuperCache , both lines included.
- Delete in the file wp-config.php the line that says define ('WP_CACHE', true); // Added by WP-Cache Manager
- Delete in the wp-config.php file the line that says define ('WPCACHEHOME', '/ home / username / public_html / wp-content / plugins / wp-super-cache /'); // Added by WP-Cache Manager
- Delete the folder / wp-content / cache /
- Delete the folder / wp-content / plugins / wp-super-cache /
- Junior Member
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 am
you can try manually full uninstall:
1- Turn off caching on the plugin settings page and clear the cache.
2- Deactivate the plugin on the plugins page.
3- Remove the WP_CACHE define from wp-config.php.
4. Remove the Super Cache mod_rewrite rules from your .htaccess file.
5. Remove the files wp-content/advanced-cache.php and wp-content/wp-cache-config.php
6.Remove the directory wp-content/cache/
7. Remove the directory wp-super-cache from your plugins directory
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests