Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Share your past and present experiences with Dedicated Servers. Discuss topics such as server solutions, running your servers, your preferences and your thoughts on Windows and Linux servers.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:19 pm
Hi Net Hosting Talk members,
We at Alnitech tried to compile a list of important points people need to consider while choosing new host:
What do you think is important for you when you choosing a host?
- Business requirements. It is important to discover what is precise server configuration you need, backup solution, online security, monitoring, uptime, server management service, compliance with geographical requirements and local laws
- Pricing - Figure out common fees that associated with most providers (monthly rent, license, server management fees, overage charges if any, abuse charges etc. )
- Reliability- shortly: a company that cannot guarantee 24/7, above 99.9% server uptime should not fit in your list. If your server will be down 1% of time a year, it will equal to almost 4 days, so 0.1% is ~10h !
- Host flexibility - purchasing services from a company, which can work with not standard requests and provide custom solutions may benefit to you.
- Customer support - This is big. You can’t underestimate it. The superiority of the assistance offered is very important. Company should provide professional answers to your questions/problems in timely manner.
- Reviews - Find real, honest reviews of people who have used the company’s services.
Last edited by nhtadmin
on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:56 pm
The price should definitely not be of the utmost importance when it comes to choosing the right web host. But you are right about all the other things you mentioned, especially about the business requirements and host flexibility.
Few points that could be added to this list are:
Your web hosting provider should backup your site regularly, so that you don’t have to worry about your data getting lost.
If you expect website growth, than you should consider a host with good upgrade options.
User-friendly Hosting Control Panel
Functional and user-friendly control panel is very important.
Important thing to remember: There is no perfect web hosting provider, it is more about finding the right one.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:06 pm
We find it best that hosting company has been in business a while, and owns their own infrastructure
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 am
Support/experience, performance, security, and reliability.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am
Make sure the company is in good standing order with their current cutomers
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:00 am
I think qualified support 24x7 with good pricing and reliability service are the most important.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 am
What is important to me is knowing that my prospective provider has been around the block for a few years, and won't disappear when the school year starts back up. Beyond that of course, great professional support and competitive pricing.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests