mysql remote connection is very slow

Virtual private server discussion and vps hosting solutions. Review VPS hosting providers and offer advice on virtual web hosting solutions.
harrington

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello, 

I have a VPS Server with WHM for administration, 
a user to whom I gave a hosting account, I connect their own desktop system in windows, with a mysql database created in our vps server, the remote connection is satisfactory, but It is very slow. What do you recommend to improve the speed of this connection or what other solution alternatives recommend me to implement. 

Regards,

derrick

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Hello,

I am a developer and whenever I am consulted I recommend not using a remote connection via internet to a database from a desktop application, in any case it is more optimal to use web services, the direct connection is through sockets and the base data is needed to be very stable, the remote being latency is not very good and makes the database client has microcuts with reconnection processes that makes everything very slow.
RackService

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:37 am

From which location to which location are you connecting? This may not be related to the server but to the network speeds between those two services.
  • Information