Recommend web hosting for a social network

Our discussions on Web Hosting that will tell you everything you need to know. Find advice, questions and answers on the who's, what's, when's and where's of the Web Hosting world.
hughes

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Hello,

looking web hosting for SocialEngine, social media development services. where peoples can post their photos & videos. Video is understandable you can link to youtube, i am thinking about photos.

i found hostgator web hosting, which gives unlimited space.  The question is, is it really possible to get unlimited hosting? Is there any hosting for photos & videos?

thanks
Last edited by hughes on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larryrush

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Unlimited hosting does not exist. For such purposes, you need to host website on dedicated server, or else you will be expelled from any hosting, as soon as the server with other customers on board starts to lag because of your load.
AlphaNine_vini

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:35 am

I recommend a VPS and a CDN service for such business model. If you are expecting too much of traffic to your website. Else shared hosting will even do for few visitors.
But if you are getting ton of traffic you might need to move to a dedicated server.
Hostkoi

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 am

Don't go with a provider that has unlimited space, that doesn't exist. All hard drives have limits.

For a social networking site I would recommend a VPS at a minimum.
VPSnet

Mon May 07, 2018 7:53 pm

You'll definately need a powerful server for that kind of user base and the server should be optimized within the guidelines that web hosting services provided.
There are lots of hosting providers which are useful for Social Networking site, i would say "Bluehost", "Hostgator" and "DomainRacer" stands out and offer really good services.
Hopefully it helps, good luck!
HostXNow

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 am

I would recommend using a provider who offers Cloud hosting so you can scale more easily.
AlphaNine_vini

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:40 am

I would recommend to also have a CDN for your heavy image files.
SenseiSteve

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:25 am

hughes wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:47 pm
Hello,

looking web hosting for SocialEngine, social media development services. where peoples can post their photos & videos. Video is understandable you can link to youtube, i am thinking about photos.

i found hostgator web hosting, which gives unlimited space.  The question is, is it really possible to get unlimited hosting? Is there any hosting for photos & videos?

thanks
First, I would ask what amount of resources do you actually need for your photos. Obviously, it's not unlimited. What you'll find on most unlimited plans are other resource restrictions. Be sure to read each prospective provider's Terms of Service, and if you don't find what you're looking for, ask them outright. Good luck with your site, sir.
JohnyMay

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:06 pm

I believe that first you need to decide which kind of web hosting you need. I think it is better to start with shared web hosting account and then decide if you need something bigger or not.
Estrella

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:29 pm

The best place to search for affordable web site hosting plans is the internet itself.
In this kind of tight spot, it is good to evaluate well the web hosting providers.
  • Information