what is the difference between different types of hosting

Our discussions on Web Hosting that will tell you everything you need to know. Find advice, questions and answers on the who's, what's, when's and where's of the Web Hosting world.
LetItHost

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:59 pm

what should i choose if i need fast hosting for cite in russia, no illegal content, just want speed and low price

jillian

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:22 pm

You may look for a host which uses solid-state drives, as they are faster and more reliable than traditional hard drives. You may take a look at the web hosting plans by BGOcloud to see if they match your needs. How much disk space do you need in fact? Also, this host includes CloudFlare CDN in its plans - it improves website's speed and performance. Also, one more question - have you optimized your site - for example, have you reduced the size of your images, the number of plugins, do you use Gzip compression, have you reduced redirects, etc. ?
raffm

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:12 pm

LetItHost wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:59 pm
what should i choose if i need fast hosting for cite in russia, no illegal content, just want speed and low price
the major difference between varied hostings is managed and self-managed.

Managed hosting: like Bluehost/Hostgator
Pros: they take care of everything
Cons: Pricy and limited control over server resources.

Self-managed hosting: like Vultr/Linode/DO
Pros: quite affordable price and full control over the server resources
Cons: you're all on your own.

Since speed and low price are the things you are pursuing, here is a solution for you:

Buy a start server plan from Vultr/Linode/Do, you will get 1 GB RAM, 20-25GB storage, and 1TB bandwidth from a start plan from them that costs $5/mon, which are more than sufficient for the installtion of a wordpress site. Manage the server with the free VPSrobots, as described here: https://vpsrobots.com/documents/how-to- ... obots.html

Also, make sure the server location(database center) you choose is not too far from your target clients, this would also give a boost in speed(decrease load time).
JohnyMay

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm

You should check hosting providers that can offer you a cheap plan for start and later you can upgrade this plan if needed. In that way, you will save some money.
vikmanager

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:07 am

To the above I can say that you can choose hosting company by price and then contact them I think they will help you to choose right hosting type. Also you can read reviews and forums
here-host

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 am

If you are looking to host a website like wordpress, then choose plan like WordPress Hosting. SSD hositng plans are good too. Also there have some cons in theese types of hosting. For example in Wordpress hosting you can't create email acconts and you can't host more sites like Joomla or something like that.
  • Information