Web hosting suggestion for eCommerce website

Our discussion on Web Hosting that will tell you everything you need to know. Find advice, questions, and answers on the who's, what's, when's and where's of the Web Hosting World.
DarioPag

Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Hello,

I have a small eCommerce website & I get only around 100 visitors a day. Now I want to start an advertising campaign & if a lot of people visit my site, I need a guarantee from the web host that they are not going to take down my website. My friend suggests me to move my website from shared hosting to VPS. Any recommendations?

thanks

geniushost
Premium Member

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:18 pm

It all depends on your website, and the amount of traffic it is generating if it is a new one then, in that case, shared hosting would be the better option. When hosting an eCommerce website, security is the first and foremost factor that you should keep in mind.
Abigail

Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Move your website from Shared Hosting to either VPS or Dedicated server. If you keep on using Shared Hosting, then once your domain becomes famous and visitors flock in, it'll be very difficult for you to keep your domain from getting jammed.
Instead, it you relocate to VPS or Dedicated server, you can utilize the resources allocated to you to efficiently host your domain and provide no fuss to users.
Regards.
Lewis-H

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Yes, of course, VPS will be the right choice for your e-commerce website. VPS server is totally based on the virtual generation, which will divide a physical server into multiple virtual servers.
These are the most important benefits of using web hosting for an e-commerce website.
    eCommerce software compatibility. One of the main features every eCommerce website needs is the shopping cart functionality.
      Security.
        Uptime.
          Speed.
            Customer service.
              Email addresses.
                SEO features.
                  Website builder.

Regards,
                  Lewis
                  eWebGuru

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Yes, VPS hosting is best for your eCommerce website. No doubt that websites like eCommerce based will help you to gain more business opportunities and would be able to reach t more areas at a time for sure. Such kind of business growth will happen only with the website for a business.
                  tuxandrew

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm

It not advisable to run e-commerce like competitive websites with frequent visitors on a shared hosting server, as it will affect the website performance. Since daily payment processing and updates are frequent on eCommerce like websites, it is not secure to run the database on a shared database server, you need to go for a dedicated server with good amount of RAM and good processing speed . Also always ensure that backups are enabled for databases in regular intervals so that it is simple to restore the website in case of data loss.
                  Or else you need go for a cloud server.

Since sensitive payment information are associated with eCommerce website an SSL security need to be implemented as well.
                  • Information