Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

Facebook Ads Pausing ads schedule in the middle of the day

Bernardned

Novice
Hello,

I am using a tracker for Facebook ads to see what hour of the day the conversion happens. From 4 pm to the end of 6 pm, I have gotten 0 conversions. This 3-hour gap seems to be the deadliest period. A lot of wasted dollars are being spent during this time on ads.

I am thinking of pausing the ad at 4 pm and resuming around 5:30 pm, so it picks up around 6 pm. I should wait until at least 50 conversions to see if this remains consistent, and these are the worst hours. Does anyone have insight on doing something like this?

I thought about using ad scheduling in Facebook ads, but you can only do that with lifetime budgets, not daily budgets.

• Advertisement
  • It's best to avoid it, in my opinion. Keep it open. Sooner or later, it should naturally adjust. Also, there are tons of factors that could influence this performance gap. You could split the test to justify.

I tested this a ton already and dayparting always lost unless it was an obvious daypart that needed to happen (restricted business times, etc.)

I think it makes sense because my offer requires the user to watch at least 30 minutes of a video before being able to purchase & from 4 pm to 7 pm Eastern time. I think many people are on the move, and watching through is inconvenient until they can buy.

If, after 50 conversions, I still see zero sales during these 3 hours, I will probably stop the ad during these times. It's obvious these hours are just wasting my money. I'm losing dollars on ads every time I'm running these hours.

• Advertisement
  • Considering optimizing ad performance during specific hours, it's crucial to analyze the data thoroughly. Instead of pausing, consider adjusting bids or reallocating budgets based on conversion trends. Experimentation is key, but ensure a sufficient data set before making significant changes to avoid potential fluctuations.

Advertisement

Back