Web Hosting Forum - Net Hosting Talk

We are a community of individuals and businesses passionate about web hosting. Let's build, learn, and grow together.

WooCommerce or Shopify What would you recommend?

agoston

Novice
Hi all,

I am thinking of building my eCommerce store with WooCommerce because it's (as far as I know) easier to do SEO using WordPress, which is probably the primary thing for getting customers, like writing blog articles.

On the other hand, I like Shopify's design and functionality. But it seems easier to change the theme to a custom one once I have it.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • My view has always been that for all its faults, WordPress is your asset. You pick how it works.

All the others are trapped in their ecosystem if you made a massive success of it. Like other marketplaces, your overhead increases with your turnover and is not a fixed cost more than self-managing WP.

My view has always been that for all its faults, WordPress is your asset. You pick how it works.

All the others are trapped in their ecosystem if you made a massive success of it. Like other marketplaces, your overhead increases with your turnover and is not a fixed cost more than self-managing WP.
    I always had a feeling WordPress was better. However, I was never able to think why, but now I have a valid reason to choose WordPress over Shopify.

Go with a self-hosted platform - woocommerce in this case. Scale your business and keep all the profits. With the money you save from Shopify, hire a web dev that can assist with creating the website / adding features if it’s too much for you.

Shopify seems so limited in an industry where you need to be flexible on your website features and experience, in my opinion.

Once you break their policies and rules, they will shut your store down without hesitation—same eBay. On WordPress, you run by your own rules.

Depends on what are your specific requirements. Shopify is a simple plug n play it is easy and less hassle. where Woocommerce requires technical knowledge Both can hold high traffic but Woo-commerce's performance depends on your hosting provider whereas Shopify works fine with high traffic Woocommerce is free but you will need to purchase hosting whereas Shopify is all in one package but it relatively costs more.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Back